"funniest" moment: when the insurance rep called to say, "I can't find your house." Clearly.
wow-that's-really-cool moment: when after arranging to board Dixie while we're in AZ, Jo Anne discovered that they are not charging because of the tornado
saddest moment: going through the house, again, to itemize our loss
happiest moment: eating lunch with friends and laughing
moment of greatest relief: Josh meeting up with his professors and mostly sorting things out
things-you-don't-think-about-until-you-live-through-a-natural-disaster moment: waiting in line for over 30 minutes to pick up mail (I'd not considered what the mail situation would be...I knew I had to go get my mail, but I was not expecting such a line!)
miracle moment: when walking through the house with the insurance man, noticing a small purple box and saving the ring Josh bought me when we were in junior high. He never gave it to me then, we did not remember to put it on the list (and who knows how long we would have forgotten), and it's value is primarily sentimental (read this as: could not be replaced even if we remembered to claim it). That was a great save on my part. Go me!
scariest moment: learning our house was covered in asbestos tiles and wondering what's now covered in asbestos. (Yes, Steph, I laugh a little bit even as I worry about it...Asbestos, get off the couch!)
I love the, "I can't find your house" line.
ReplyDeleteyes, i love the "i can't find your house" line too... also love your happiest moment :) and of course we love you guys (cheesey peesey)
ReplyDeleteI just found your blog. I'm so sorry for the devastation you and your family experienced. Thank God you seem to have such a good outlook on things... I hope everything gets sorted out for your little family soon!
ReplyDelete